I saw this idea on one of my favorite blogs, Rosie Culture, and fell in love with the idea!
At the end of each month, I’ll give my readers a summary of how my month went, what my favorite activities were, books I read, movies I enjoyed, etc. So here it goes!
- My sister’s graduation from Elon University in North Carolina
2. Got a new leased car (2019 VW Jetta)
3. Took my first ever trip to Central Park (not sure why it took so long for this to happen)
Shows I’ve Been Watching:
– Once Upon A Time – The series finale was this month and I’m still processing my emotions and trying to cope with the fact that it’s over
– Supergirl – I’ve been watching weekly and I’m caught up and still hate Mon-El… does anyone actually like him?
– Legends of Tomorrow – Almost done season two, thanks to my friends nagging me to catch up 🙂
– One Tree Hill – I’m re-watching for the 20th time (at least) and I’m currently on the beginning of season four
Favorite Movie I Saw: Disobedience – Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz were both incredible and the storyline was beautiful, well-written, and portrayed. The movie got an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes so you know it has to be great!
Favorite Instagram Post: This one. I’ve been feeling super sentimental and missing one of my best friends who is out in LA so I posted a picture of us from a photoshoot we did last summer when she was still in NJ.
Favorite Tweet: This one. It’s just a snippet of a poem I wrote this month that was well-received. And if you watch Once Upon A Time, you’ll think this one is pretty funny.
Favorite Article: It’s a tie for this month because both of these were really beautiful and inspiring to read. Deep Dark Money Secrets From 1,000 Women really opened my eyes and helped me understand how millennial women view their spending habits and I was able to stack it up against mine. I had to go back and re-evaluate my budgeting efforts after reading. Mental Illness and Lesbian Love in Once Upon a Time was a very raw and touching piece written by one of my best friends and she talked about how mental illness isn’t typically well handled in the media and why Once Upon A Time did an excellent job through Alice/Robin’s relationship of showing a positive way of handling mental health as well as giving the audience a great LGBT storyline.
Favorite Book I Read: I’ve been writing a lot this month, so reading was put on the backburner and I only read one book: King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. It’s the third out of forth book in the Red Queen series and it’s phenomenal. Book four was just released last week so that’s on my reading list for next month. If you like fantasy books, you’ll enjoy this series. Think: Divergence with some magical undertones. Also, I’m still not over Girls Made of Snow and Glass. Read. This. Book. If you need more convincing, take a look at this cover artwork and click the book for a review!
Favorite Blog Post: This post on overcoming bad days and why it’s okay to not always be okay.
So there you have it! May was a very eventful month, and I anticipate the same will hold true for June since it’s Pride month, and I have a few events already planned!