This review is long past due. I’ve referred hundreds of people to Erin Condren, but never wrote a review on my Life Planner (I did write one about my old planner, a Plum Paper, if you wanted to check that out). Well, it’s time to change that!
I have been working on my list of resolutions for 2015 and finally finished. Here’s a glimpse at my what my goals and resolutions are for this upcoming year:
1. Write/blog more often. I have the tendency to write and blog frequently, but only in the summer. When I’m at school I rarely write. I aim to change that.
2. Graduate magna cum laude. I currently have a 3.58 GPA and need a 3.6 to graduate magna cum laude. This should be relatively easy, except for the fact that I’m taking physics this semester… Uh oh.
3. Drink more water. This one is self explanatory. I’m so bad at remembering to do this, though.
4. Save my money. Before I buy anything, I need to stop and think, “Do I really need this?” The answer is typically no. Additionally, I want to create a personal budget every month. I already have a couple pages in the notes section of my planner reserved for this purpose.
5. Read 30 books. 2014 wasn’t my best year when it comes to reading a ton of books. Let’s hope 2015 is a little better.
6. Be more adventurous. Aka, go places!
7. Find a job I love.
8. Make more of an effort to hang out with Jeff. I really need to work on this. I take the fact that we live so close to each other for granted, both at home and at school.
9. Take more risks. Don’t pass down opportunities. But also, don’t over-fill my plate.
10. Don’t procrastinate. I always get my work done, no excuses. However, I need to stop waiting until the last minute to do it.
11. No more late-night snacking. I crave food late at night, every single night. I need to work on stopping this.
12. Eat more veggies. I love fruit, but rarely eat vegetables. I already bought myself carrots and ranch to motivate myself to eat more vegetables.
13. Cut back on junk food. As if late-night snacking isn’t bad enough, I eat junk food late at night. I went through multiple bags of truffles over the past few weeks and need to cut back on them. They’re just too yummy!
14. Yoga 3x/week. Oh, and take some workout classes like kickboxing and zumba.
15. Cook more often. This would also help me save money since I won’t be going out to eat as often.
16. Get at least eight hours of sleep every night. One can hope, right?
17. Stay positive. I need to look on the bright side of things from now on.
18. Better appreciate what I have. Don’t take things for granted.
19. Don’t overthink everything.
20. Don’t doubt myself as often. Be more confident in my abilities. 🙂
As promised, I am here to share my thoughts with you on my new planner for 2014.
I ordered it from Etsy.com from a company called Plum Paper Designs. They have a ton of choices for the cover so you’re able to find one that best suits you. They also have different types of planners: daily planners, family planners, student planners, wedding planners and more. I chose the regular daily planner because even though I’m a student, I use my planner to keep track of everything I need to get done that week, not just work for classes. It took a decent amount of time to arrive, but it was worth the wait. If you want to get to the point and not read the full review, just know this is a great alternative to the Erin Condren Life Planners. The Life Planners cost between $50 – $75, which is crazy, especially for a college student. The Plum Paper Planner only costs $30. Alright, so let’s take it section by section.
When it arrived, it was packaged very well in order to maintain its quality. It came in a foil to protect it from any scuff marks that could possibly occur throughout the delivery process. My face lit up when I saw how beautiful it was, as well as the fact that it’s my first planner I ever owned that was customized uniquely for me.
Here it is without the foil around it. Isn’t it beautiful? It also matches my laptop case I also purchased from Etsy so I’m excited about that.
I hope everyone’s holiday was wonderful. I still have a week and a half left of my winter break before I have to go back to school, but I know most colleges are going back this week or early next week.
This year one of my resolutions is to be persistent and update this website as often as possible. That includes posting a decent amount of blog posts. I wanted to get feedback on what my readers are most interested in reading about, so please email me or just comment on this post with topics you are interested in.
I most likely will talk about events in my life, but I’m not as exciting as I wish I could be so I might lose your interest if I limit myself to just that.
I was thinking I could also give recaps on some TV shows I watch, so if you watch Revenge, The Vampire Diaries or The Originals you can check here to find out what you missed. I also hope to do some reviews on products I use and love.
For example, I ordered my new planner for 2014 off Etsy last week and it is scheduled to arrive by Friday. I will definitely review and let you all know what I think of it! I’m sure some of my readers love planners as much as I do, I can’t be the only crazy girl out there obsessed with organizing and different GTD methods.
Please let me know if there’s anything else you want to read about. Also, I want to start watching some shows on Netflix, so if you have recommendations for me I’m all ears. So far, I have one recommendation and it’s from my mom and is for the show Nashville.
Thanks for visiting my website guys, enjoy what is left of your winter vacation!
This past October was my first time attending the Public Relations Student Society of America National Conference. For those who don’t know, it was held in Philly this year. I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I was designing my business cards, revising my resume and freaking out because I was so nervous. But now I just want to go back! As soon as I got there, I realized that I had nothing to be nervous about. And I was right, I had a blast! Everyone in my school’s Chapter became so much closer and now I feel like they’re my best friends. Next year it’s going to be held in D.C., and it will be my senior year, so that should be exciting. I’ll be counting down the days until then!