This month was a busy one – with Comic Con and a trip to Los Angeles to visit two of my favorite people! Here are some highlights and a very long slideshow of memories.
Comic Con in Boston
– Meeting Evangeline Lilly (Kate from Lost!)
– Finally attending my first convention
– Getting a caricature with Marissa of us as Emma & Regina from Once Upon A Time
– Getting an autographed copy of the cast of The Vampire Diaries
– Exploring Boston with some amazing friends
– Seeing all the cosplayers and incredible, talented people at the con
Trip to Los Angeles
– Disneyland! (Disney World is better, though!)
– Warner Brothers studio tour – highly recommend this!!
– Sitting on the Central Perk couch
– Seeing all the Harry Potter props
– Riding a broomstick in front of the green screen
– Standing on the doorsteps of the Tanner family house
– Visiting the DC building and seeing the costumes and Batmobiles
– Photoshoot on Venice Beach/Boardwalk because Erika is so talented
– My first visit to Get In-N-Out Burger
– Delicious Mexican food
– Exploring the boutique shops in Santa Monica
– Santa Monica Pier
Finishing the story I was working on, and starting my next one
Movies I Saw In Theaters:
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again – yes, again… two more times.. oops (I’ve also been listening to solely ABBA music all month)
Favorite Instagram Post: Ah, this is tough. I posted a lot this month – and loved all my posts. I guess I’ll have to go with my photo op I took with Evangeline!
Favorite Tweet: Me complaining that I’m always sleepy but then listing all the reasons why I’m always sleepy… and for those who are curious: yes, I plan to revamp my lifestyle and try to rid myself of constant fatigue (wish me luck!)
Favorite Article: I’ve really been loving Medium so so so much lately. It allows you to discover articles written by anyone across the world, rather than only seeing articles from established, published writers. I highly recommend you check it out, but here are two of my favorites: How to Escape While Standing Still, which talks about the science behind daydreaming, and Why It’s Better to Be Obsessed With Multiple Passions.
Goals for August:
Write the blog posts I planned on posting in the past month but didn’t have time to write
Try to learn some new recipes
Read four books
Finish the first draft of my next story
Start working out – maybe kickboxing or yoga would be a good start
Make an effort to eat more protein and veggies
What I’m Looking Forward To in September:
My BIRTHDAY on September 8!!! – Celebrating my birthday, obviously
My story being revealed online
My friend visiting me next week
So, that’s all for August. I promise you’ll hear from me before my September wrap up. I won’t neglect my readers for yet another month… sigh. SORRY!
What are some of your new favorites from this month? Any new songs to check out, books I should read, places I should add to my list? Let me know!